Friday, March 6, 2009

My Baby is 11 today











It's hard to believe that my Spencer is 11 today. It seems just like yesterday when I held him in my arms for the first time. Though I can no longer hold him like I did when he was a baby, I feel fortunate that he still enjoys hugs from both mom and dad. Birthdays are always a great time to reflect on the past year. I see Spencer becoming more mature each day. I can really tell that middle school is just around the corner. During this past year Spencer continued to be active in sports and to both his dad's and my pleasure he's really shown an interest in golf. He was also involved in Lego league this year which helped his math and science skills. I've also seen a tremendous growth in his confidence with writing. Of course with all the growth comes some things that mom and dad aren't quite pleased with particularly a sassy mouth but taming this is a work in progress. I truly am proud of how he is growing overall.

No comments: