Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Growing up


Spencer left Sunday for sleep away camp. Though he was excited to go, when I asked him if he was going to miss us, my sensitive boy got tears in his eyes. I know he's growing up but I'm glad to know he's not so big to miss his mom and dad. It's August and even though I still have four more weeks of summer vacation I'm already gearing up for school. I'm also amazed that my two boys have gotten so big! Where do the years go, it seemed like yesterday they were babies and now one is a teenager about to start his first year in high school and the other will be a middle schooler. Thinking about Zach going to high school is truly overwhelming to me, he will officially have 498 more kids in his class than I did. That in itself freaks me out. What a difference from my 36 kids to his 534 kids. John and I keep talking about what more do we need to do in the raising of that boy because he has only 4 years left under our roof full time. I think both boys are excited about their new adventures and I truly hope they make the most of their school experience.

No comments: