Thursday, January 30, 2014

Another snow day, more time to sew

As of today we have had 3 consecutive snow days, which to me is a bit crazy but I have to keep telling myself that I no longer live in the midwest where 2 inches of snow is a dusting and roads would be cleared in a couple of hours.  Down here in the south I am quickly learning that is not the case but after two days inside spending lots of time sewing (just love to do) I was going stir crazy.  Off to the bowling alley, Walmart, Lowes, Hobby Lobby and our local quilt shop Linderella's. I have spent lots of time continuing to work on m nephew and nieces wedding quilt but as I quickly found out when you are sewing a quilt without a pattern you don't always have the correct amount of fabric to finish.  I was hoping Linderella's had my Hoffman 1895 batik on hand but unfortunately no so after returning home I placed a quick order to one of my favorite stores when buying basics and blenders Webfabrics for the remaining yard I need.  I'm stalled with the top and bottom second border finished but not the sides.

Since the day was still young and I can't work on this quilt until the fabric arrives I dug through my Work in Progress quilts and pulled out last year's Sugar Block Club quilt. I had finished January and February's blocks last winter (probably during a snow day) but with moving, unpacking, two wedding quilts and starting a new job this got put on the back burner (until today).  I finished March's block today. For this quilt I am using all  Robert Kaufman kona solids in greens and blues, I think it was the Grecian Water's fat quarter bundle that I bought for this.  This will be my first quilt using all solids, thanks Amy Gibson at Stitchery Dickory Dock for this fun block of the month.  I will also be getting the patterns for the the 2014 Sugar Block Club too, we'll see when I get to sewing those.



No comments: