Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Inspiration

As I find more and more blogs about quilting it makes me want to do better about posting on my own quilting blog. Thanks to the threat of winter weather, we had a snow day at school.  Unfortunately it was totally unnecessary because we still haven't seen any snow but the treat of a snow day means I get to enjoy a day sewing.  When I look and see how long it's been since I've posted it always amazes me how quickly the days fly by.  I haven't posted anything for over a year and what a year it's been.  I sent my oldest off to college this past fall and a month before that we packed up our Michigan house so that we could be full time North Carolina residents. This works out nicely for my oldest since he chose NC State as the place he wanted to earn his engineering degree from. This move wasn't as much fun for my younger son but he has adjusted to the change as well as can be expected and on top of that the move was primarily for the hubby and yet he still is enduring a very yucky Michigan winter and diligently looking for a job down here so that we can be all together again.

Of course with the move and starting a new job, quilting has been put on the back burner, well no more. Quilting to me is the best relaxation so back at it I go.  Today with the snow day I was able to spend a good chunk of time on my nephew and niece's wedding quilt. This is a variation of a quilt I saw a picture of and his putting my math skills to the test.  The bridal couple live on a farm and love anything to do with nature so I opted to use Hoffman's Bali Batiks in the brown sugar collection.
Here it is ready to be recut using the twister tool.

Here it is recut and sewn.  I added a blue inner border to it then plan to add a lil' twister outer border.  Will post more pictures as I continue to work on it.

No comments: