Friday, February 14, 2014

More snow, more time for quilting

I thought when I moved from Michigan to North Carolina I could avoid these wintery blasts but not this winter.  We have been off school since Wednesday, the bad we will have to make up these days, the good I finally was able to finish piecing my nephew's wedding quilt. I like how the quilt turned out but it tested my math skills, not sure I'll make a quilt based on a picture only again.  I'm not sure how I will quilt it but will think on it a bit before I do. I think I am going to call this quilt Twister Trouble.


I am also cruising along on the 2013 Sugar Block Club blocks.  These blocks were designed by Amy Gibson of Stitchery Dickory Dock are made with all solids.  Think when I finish this will go in my bedroom. I love all the blues and greens.


My goal this year is to continue to quilt away and things I have either started or have the fabric to start but I see so many new projects that I would love to do, guess I need another niece or nephew to get married so I can buy new yummy fabrics. Until next time or next snow day.

No comments: