Sunday, March 5, 2017

Tumbling block quilt

I have promised myself that I'm going to finish quilts this year instead of always starting new ones. It' been awhile since I blogged but I thought this would be a great way to document this year's work.  I joined American Patchwork and Quilting's UFO Challenge to motivate me to finish, finish, finish. I chose 12 quilts to finish and each month APQ chooses one to finish.  January was quilt number 6, I did finish piecing my January challenge but it hasn't been quilted yet. February was quilt number 8 and I finished putting in the last binding stitch on February 28th. This is Not Your Grandmother's Tumbling Block Quilt.


I started this quilt back in the early 2000's when I was new to quilting after watching an episode of Alex Anderson's Simply Quilts on HGTV. Since I was new to quilting I didn't always make the best color choices so I put it away. It stayed in a box through a move from Michigan to North Carolina and stayed in a box awhile longer until this past May when I pulled it out again.  I finished piecing it on June 13, 2016 and as usual it sat for a bit more until I got around to quilting it.  Now that it's finished I do love the final results and I'm so glad to check one quilt off my list as finished.












No comments: