Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Lots of sewing

School is out for summer so I've been finding myself in my sewing room more and more. First of all I finished the quilt top to Pat Sloan's 2016 block of the month Secret Garden.  I chose to use fabric I had on hand in blues and yellows for this quilt.

 
Finished quilt top

Next I quilted my 3 Wishes quilt using Moda Grunge fabrics for this quilt.  I absolutely love it but this quilt will be gifted to my Mother-in-Law whose eyes lit up when she saw the fabrics as they match her bedroom perfectly.  I'm still in the process of attaching the binding but took some pictures of the quilting.



 Next I moved on to one of 2 family baby quilts. Both babies are due in November to teacher mom's so I have a bit of time to get them finished.  The first one was again from fabric I had in my stash from the Andover fabrics Eric Carle Brown Bear collection.


And finally back in May I was able to get up to Archdale, NC to the Pineapple Fabrics outlet sale and picked up the color therapy block of the month kit from Free Spirit Fabrics at a steal and have been enjoying putting these beautiful solids together. I have four blocks completed so far.









No comments: